Thanks for visiting Train Life on the Web, companion to the Train Life documentary and repository of the ongoing story.
The Train Life movie distills 70,000 miles of train-riding experience into a 23-minute glimpse of the onboard lives of 12 Capitol Corridor commuters. Why they do what they do day-in and day-out is revealed in interviews aboard the trains and railway platforms where they spend vast amounts of their waking hours.
But wait, there’s more…
Filming for a Train Life follow-up is now underway and will probably continue for as long as I’m commuting by train. If you’re a Capitol Corridor regular you might see interviews taking place onboard the 523, 525, 540, or 542. And, if you happen to see a suspicious character (i.e. me) taking photos or shooting video at a station, please don’t call the feds.
Use the train life route stops at the top of the page to delve further into the life of people who ride the train:
- Movie—find out where Train Life is playing and view it online
- Trailers—view and download trailers from the film
- Epilogue—find out where the cast is today
- FAQ—answers to those nagging Train Life questions
- Downloads—photography and digital paraphernalia
- Store—buy Train Life stuff to fill up your home and office
- Links—Web sites related to train life and digital video filmmaking